Terms & Conditions
- Information on how to enter forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Entry is open to all residents of Australia who are 18 years of age and over. However, employees and their immediate families of Fairfax Media Publications Pty Limited, Salmat DIGITAL Pty Limited, UBS Global Asset Management (Australia) Ltd (UBS Global AM), and their associated agencies, companies and advisers are not eligible to enter. US Persons, as defined in the product disclosure statement (PDS) for the UBS IQ Research Preferred Australian Share Fund ARSN 159 571 534 (Fund), are not eligible to enter.
- The competition commences on Friday 25th January, 2013 at 00:01 (AEDT) and concludes on Friday 22nd February, 2013 at 23:59 (AEDT).
- The competition will be advertised at www.afr.com/stocks.
- A pre-registration period will commence on Monday 28th January, 2013 and cease on Friday 8th February 2013, where entrants will be able to register for the draw to win 1 of 5 Financial Review Digital Annual Subscriptions competition. However participants will be able to continue to register throughout the entire promotional period.
To register, participants must:
- Visit afr.com/stocks, and
- Enter the following details: Full Name, Email, Postcode, Phone Number, and Age.
To enter the draw for the Grand Prize, participants must:
- Visit afr.com/stocks, and
- Enter the following details: Full Name, Email, PostCode, Phone Number, and Age and play by entering all 15 multiple choice questions correctly. The online quiz game is available from Saturday 9th February, 2013.
- Incomprehensible and incomplete entries will be deemed invalid.
- The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of identity, proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry which, in the opinion of Promoter, includes objectionable content, profanity, potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements, disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms & Conditions of Entry or who has, in the opinion of Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the Promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promotion and/or Promoter. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a winner if Promoter becomes aware that the winner and/or the winner's entry is of a type described in this clause.
- Entries must be received by 23:59 (AEDT) Friday 22nd February, 2013. The time of entry will in each case be the time the online is received by the Promoter's database. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries not received by the Promoter or delays in the delivery due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason.
- Any entry that is made on behalf of an Entrant by a third party will be invalid.
- The cost of accessing the promotional website will be dependant on the entrant's individual Internet Service Provider.
There will be:
- One Grand Prize Winner and five (5) pre-registeration prize winners
The prize breakdown will be as follows:
Grand Prize Winner:
One Grand Prize Winner will be eligible to receive a transfer to their brokerage account of units valued at $10,000 (as at the time the transfer is initiated) in UBS IQ Research Preferred Australian Share Fund ARSN 159 571 534 (Fund).
In order to receive units in the Fund, the winner will be required to have a valid ASX brokerage account and ASX Holder Identification Number (HIN) so that quoted units in the Fund can be transferred to the winner's brokerage account.
If the Grand Prize Winner does not have a valid ASX brokerage account and HIN and one cannot be opened for them, the winner will receive the Grand Prize in cash.
Pre-register Prize Winner:
Each winner will receive one Financial Review Digital Subscription valued at $680. This is an annual subscription
- Total prize value is up to $13,400 (including GST).
- Unless expressly stated in these terms and conditions all other expenses become the responsibility of the winner.
- If the prize is unavailable or the winner does not have the required brokerage account or otherwise satisfy the requirements for the award, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a different prize of equal or greater value (including cash), subject to State Regulation.
- The promoter reserves the right to refuse to allow a winner to take part in any or all aspects of the prize, if the promoter determines, in their absolute discretion, that a winner is not in the mental or physical condition necessary to be able to safely participate in the prize. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the promoter in its absolute discretion.
- By accepting the prize, the winner agrees to participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable media editorial requests relating to the prize, including but not limited to, being interviewed and photographed, filmed and/or chaperoned throughout the duration of the prize.
- In consideration for the Promoter awarding the prize to the winner, the winner hereby permits the winner's image and/or voice, as recorded, photographed or filmed during the winner's participation in the prize to appear in connection with of Fairfax Media Publications Pty Limited UBS Global AM or the advertising or marketing thereof, in any media whatsoever throughout the world and the winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
- In the event that for any reason whatsoever a winner does not take an element of the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that element of the prize.
- Prize values are based upon the value of traded units in the Fund on the date of transfer to the winner's brokerage account is initiated.
- If the competition winner is under 18 years of age, the prize will be awarded to the winner's parent or legal guardian on the winner's behalf.
Each valid entrant who has entered the competition over the duration of the promotional period will be entered into the draw.
5 Pre-registration winners will be drawn at random. The draw will take place at Salmat DIGITAL Pty Limited, Level 2, 116 Miller Street, North Sydney NSW 2060, on Wednesday13th February, 2013 at 13:00 (AEDT).
Grand Prize Winner:
One Grand Prize Winner will be drawn at random selected from the list of successful entrants. The draw will take place at Salmat DIGITAL Pty Limited, Level 2, 116 Miller Street, North Sydney NSW 2060, on Thursday 28th February, 2013 at 13:00 (AEDT).
- If any particular draw is scheduled on a public holiday, the draw will be conducted on the following business day.
- The winner will be notified within 2 days of the draw. The winner will be notified of their prize in writing. Winners of prizes valued over $250 have their details published in the Public Notices section of The Australian Financial Review newspaper on the dates stipulated below:
Winner publication will occur on Friday 8th March, 2013.
- Prizes will be awarded to the person named in the entry. However, in a dispute, will be awarded to the account holder of the entry mechanism used to submit their entry.
- Should an entrant's contact details change during the promotional period, it is the entrant's responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to Promoter.
- Subject to any direction given under relevant State legislation, an unclaimed prize draw for the Grand Prize Winner and will take place at Salmat DIGITAL Pty Limited, Level 2, 116 Miller Street, North Sydney NSW 2060 on Tuesday 28th May, 2013 at 13:00 (AEDT). The winners will be notified within 2 days of the draw and will be notified of their prize in writing. Winners of prizes valued over $250 will have their details published in the Public Notices section of The Australian Financial Review newspaper on Wednesday 5th June, 2013.
- Subject to any direction given under relevant State legislation, an unclaimed prize draw for the winner of 1 of 5 Financial Review Digital Annual Subscriptions competition and will take place at Salmat DIGITAL Pty Limited, Level 2, 116 Miller Street, North Sydney NSW 2060 on Monday 13th May, 2013 at 13:00 (AEDT). The winners will be notified within 2 days of the draw and will be notified of their prize in writing. Winners of prizes valued over $250 will have their details published in the Public Notices section of The Australian Financial Review newspaper on Monday 20th May, 2013.
- The promoter's decision is final and the promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding the Competition result.
- It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplier's requirements.
- It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal release or other legal documentation in a form determined by the promoter or UBS Global AM in their absolute discretion.
- In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the Promoter's ability to proceed with the competition on the dates and in the manner described in these terms and conditions, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the competition and recommence it from the start on the same conditions, subject to any written directions given under State Regulation.
- The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this competition including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or telephone, mobile or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
- The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- Fairfax Media Publications Pty Limited, Salmat DIGITAL Pty Limited, UBS Global AM, and their associated agencies and companies assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available.
- If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, subject to any written direction given under State Regulation.
- All entries become the property of The Promoter. All opt-in entries will be entered into a database and The Promoter may use the entrant's names, addresses and telephone numbers for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes in any media worldwide without notice and without any fee being paid unless otherwise advised by the entrant. By opting-in, entrants confirm that they allow their details to be used for this purpose. If entrants no longer consent to their details being used for future marketing purposes, the entrant should contact The Promoter on their details set out below. Any request to update, modify or delete the entrant's details should be directed to The Promoter.
- By entering the promotion, unless otherwise advised, each entrant also agrees that the Promoter may use this information, in any media for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes without any further reference, payment or other compensation to the entrant, including sending the entrant electronic messages.
- Salmat DIGITAL Pty Limited, on behalf of Fairfax Media Publications Pty Limited, is collecting the entrant's personal information for the purpose of conducting and promoting this competition (including but not limited to determining the winners). The entrant's personal information may be disclosed to Salmat DIGITAL Pty Limited for this purpose. If you are not willing for this to occur you cannot participate in the Promotion.
- Entrants' personal information may be disclosed to State and Territory lottery departments and winners' names published as required under the relevant lottery legislation. For purposes of public statements and advertisements the Promoter will only publish the winner's surname, initial and state. A request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to the Promoter.
- The Promoter is Fairfax Media Publications Pty Limited, (ABN: 33 003 357 720) of Level 1, 1 Darling Island Road, Pyrmont, NSW, 2009.
- The benefiting party is: UBS Global Asset Management (Australia) Ltd (ABN: 31003146290) of 2 Chifley Square, Sydney, 2000, NSW
UBS is offering $10,000 worth of units in the UBS IQ Research Preferred Australian Share Fund (ASX code: ETF) to the winner. This Fund uniquely combines the cost and liquidity benefits of an Exchange Traded Fund with the insights and expertise of Australia's number one equity research team*. Access a portfolio of quality securities in one transaction. Find out more.
* 2012 East Coles Analyst Survey